- Our Heritage = 传承
- Our People = 人本
- Our Partners = 协作
- Our Experience = 体验
- Our Curriculum = 课程
- Contact Us = 联络
International Green Flag Award
Nan Hua High School was given the International Green Flag Award by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in Nov 2015 to recognise school’s concerted efforts in promoting environment education to the school and the community.
The school Principal, Mrs Tan Jong Lek, received the prestigious International Green Flag Award during the school’s assembly on 26 Jan 2016 from WWF.WWF evaluated the school’s strategies and action plan in promoting Sustainable Environment Education (SEED) and awarded the school the prestigious International Green Flag Award based on the following reasons:
COMMENDATIONS FROM WORLDWIDE FUND FOR NATURE (WWF) FOR NAN HUA HIGH SCHOOL SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDING HER GREEN FLAG
PhilosophySchool’s vision, mission and core values encourage school-wide culture of environmental sustainability. The governing body, administrative and curriculum leaders demonstrate understanding of environmental sustainability.
• The school has provided evidence of school values being used to promote environmental sustainability for the whole school community.
• The school has provided evidence of whole-school participation projects that promote environment sustainability within the school community.
• The school has provided evidence of school’s sustainability expectations from student and staff to promote a culture of environmental sustainability in the school
The school has an organisation structure made up of students, teachers and school leaders committed to school-wide environmental sustainability.
Commendations• A representative group of students, teachers, parents and school leaders form the organisation structure that supports environmental sustainability.
• The group meets a minimum of once every school term and the meeting is recorded jointly by students and adults.
• Students make up a minimum of 50% of the group and have responsibilities.
• External representatives and partner organisations supports the student initiatives.
PedagogyThe school is committed to a constructivist approach to the teaching and learning of environment sustainability that promotes student inquiry/ research and community actions.
Commendations• The school’s curriculum plan ensures there is a systematic approach to school-wide integration of environment sustainability.
Monitoring and Evaluation
The school monitors the consumption of water and electricity and its management of waste, with the aim of reducing its carbon impact on the envrionment. The school regularly evaluates its consumption and waste management processes/ projects with a mission of continuous improvement for reduction of its carbon impact on the environment.