- Our Heritage = 传承
- Our People = 人本
- Our Partners = 协作
- Our Experience = 体验
- Our Curriculum = 课程
- Contact Us = 联络
Direct School Admission (DSA) 2019
In the 2019 Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise, Nan Hua High School will be admitting students who possess special talents in one of the following:
Category 1: CCA Talent
- Performing Arts
- Chinese Orchestra
- Symphonic Band
- English Drama
- Chinese Drama
- Visual Arts - Chinese Calligraphy
- Athletics – boys & girls
- Badminton – boys & girls
- Basketball – boys
- Netball - girls
- Softball – girls
Table-Tennis – boys
Category 3: Academic
By Category 1: CCA Talent
1. Strengths and outstanding achievements in any one of the CCA listed in the overview above.
2. Ability to play the relevant musical instrument for Music-related CCAs. Ability to only play the piano, guitar or violin is not sufficient.
3. Attained certification at Music or Dance examination/s from ABRSM, RAD, Trinity College, NAFA, NUS Centre for the Arts, etc where applicable.
4. Attained at least Band 2 (70%) in at least 3 subjects in the Primary 6 Mid-Year School Examination AND offer Chinese Language. Higher Chinese is preferred.
selected through a Selection Test and, if shortlisted, an interview.
By Category 2: Leadership
1. Demonstrate exemplary character and leadership qualities.
2. (For Leadership - Uniformed Groups) Hold key school-wide leadership positions in Uniformed Groups (e.g. Chairperson, Patrol Leader, Squad Commander) at primary school.
3. (For Leadership - Others) Hold key school-wide leadership positions in Prefectorial Board/Student Council (e.g. Head or Deputy Head Prefect or its equivalent) and/or significant student organisations in primary school.
4. Demonstrate strong and consistent academic results (attained at least 75% for all subjects including Higher Chinese for P6 Mid-Year Examination Results).
5. Be selected through an interview.
By Category 3: Language – Chinese
1. Demonstrate strong and consistent academic results (attained at least 85% for Chinese, 80% for Higher Chinese and 75% for all other subjects Results for P6 Mid-Year Examination Results).
2. Be able to commit to taking Higher Chinese if successfully admitted through DSA (Language – Chinese) to our school, as well as taking Literature in Chinese upon reaching Upper Secondary (Sec 3 – Sec 4).
3. Be selected through a short written assessment and an interview (on the same day).